Lilypie

Monday, August 14, 2006

Point. Click.

I am not feeling well again. Dizziness, headaches, followed by nose bleed and excessive blood loss…. I always wonder why people can have nose bleed? Some attribute it to weather conditions, some sensitive nose, but for me, I never get a nose bleed.

My dad and brothers are the ones who get constant nose bleed, especially when the weather changes. Yet my nose had bled four times in a week. The blood just flows vigorously. If this continues, I may just bleed to death! I feel so sick that I cannot even focus on my work today, and there are lots of urgent matters this week.

I am seriously considering going for the blood test as the doctor suggested. Except I absolutely loath being pricked by a needle! My recent hospital stay where so many needles were poked into me is already more than I can bear. Besides, ignorance is bliss. If it is bad news, I rather not know and continue living my life the way I like.

How will life be like if there is a universal remote control to help us go forward, backward or freeze in time? A universal remote control that can literally controls our universe?

For me, I will want to rewind back to those days when I was going around with guys who did not care for me. I wish I could erase them out of oblivion with a click of a button. And I also wish I could erase all the bad memories from my mind.

If I had such a remote, I would want to freeze in time to the happy memories, moments where I felt good and fulfilled. And I would also want to freeze time in the future where a certain someone and I can spend our lives together, happily ever after.

I would like time to stand still, or at least have fifty hours a day, so I can have more time to do all the things I like without compromising on anything else. Mostly I will have more time to help out others more, especially those in real need of help.

But in the end, the remote may end up running my life. I will be a slave to it, rather than it being a slave to me. That is what happens in “Click”, where Adam Sandler discovered that family love and warmth is more important than anything else.

An important lesson to learn from there. One can do all the pointing and clicking to make technology work for us, but ultimately we should not become such a slave to technology that we end up losing everything else in the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...