Lilypie

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nu Skin = New Skin?

My first brother is taking over my dad's business soon, at least the one in China. My brother has been in China for years, ever since he graduated from Australia. He is now helping in the translation of products for my dad's business associate.

My friends ask me what business is my family running? Hard to answer actually, considering they have different types of business, ranging from medicine to retail to electronics to beauty products. I shall not disclose the types of business my other relatives are running. The only thing I am willing to disclose is that my dad owns the China branch of the Nu Skin Company.

For those of you who have not heard of Nu Skin, it is a range of beauty products made of mostly natural ingredients. I asked my dad why, of all things, he ventured into marketing beauty products as he used to handle other types of goods.

He said earning women's money is the best, as this is one industry that will never go out of business. As long as there are women around, there will be beauty products in demand. Hmmmm......

But these products are good. Tried and tested, by me, my mum, my aunt, my cousin, my dad (of course!), my brothers and a few of my dad's friends. It is the best range I have tried so far. Other cleansers take days to show the results, but for the Nu Skin Milk Cleanser, just after one or two applications, my skin is smoother and brighter!

The exfoliating scrub makes my face anew, and the Glacier Marine Mud Mask (the best mask I have ever used) made my skin brighter and perkier after one application. My youngest brother had a pimple problem last year, and after using the cleanser for a week, his skin is now smooth with no trace of breaking out. My mum actually looks younger and her fine lines have disappeared!

A lot of my friends have heard about Nu Skin, and they asked me to order from my dad for them. I mostly oblige them, since they are giving my dad business too, except for one.

That cheapskate guy once asked me to ask my dad for the whole range - Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser, Body Cream, Mask and Scrub, but he wanted all free. He says that surely my dad would not charge my friends. Yeah right, dream on!

But this product range really works, for whatever skin type. It is good for oily skin, combination skin, normal skin, dry skin, even sensitive skin! No wonder it is called Nu Skin, as it really makes skin new!

5 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

You are aware that Nu Skin is a MLM company right?

Anonymous said...

Your dad doesn't own the China branch of Nuskin business. Pls don't exaggerate. He's just a distributor perhaps one of the more successful one with a big team under him. But there are many successful distributors in Nuskin I've heard.

From one who knows a little about Nuskin. And yes, it's an MLM. A different business model but certainly legit

shakespeareheroine said...

My dad was the one who told me what he did, so I just quoted him. Anyway I don't really interfere in what he does for a living. And yes, I know NuSkin is a MLM company, but as long as he does not get me involved or push me to help him distribute, it does not really bother me.

Richard said...

You sound like a spokesperson fo rthe company: "Listen to this testimonial from Cel."

My wife believes in lots of creams. She has creams for her eyes, her cheeks, the chine, the thighs, etc, etc. I am sure she has a cream for every part of her body.

Me … well, I only use a general purpose moisturizer after I shave because my skin gets too dry. I'd refer a beard, but Sofia won't let me.

It is true, the best businesses are those which address people's vanity, sexual prowess, popularity and social status. I find it sad. I look for substance, not superficiality.

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Where have you been? Still blogging? Drop me a note ya? Wondering how you are....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...