Lilypie

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Amazing Grace ....

The church performance was beautiful! It was not a mere church performance, but an amazing spiritual experience, where the best gospel hymns were sung, as well as a conferment of a doctorate title for the choir director for his years and contribution to sacred music. All the while I have been singing along to gospel hymns, this is the first time I actually feel sacred music coming to live!

Since it was such an honourable occasion, everyone of us had to adhere to a certain dress code. I wore my sleeveless lavender long dress, after deciding between this, my silver sequinned sleeveless dress and the plum strapless dress which I wore in Malta.

Men always have it so easy. Just a normal long-sleeve shirt, pants, belt and tie, with cufflinks! If I dress like that everyday, I need not have to fret about what to wear on any occasion! Too many choices is not necessarily a good thing!

The choir really put in lots of effort into this event. One can see that the members are really committed, as everyone helped to organise and coordinate the event in one way or another. The members are so committed that even their entire families are in the choir! Now that is quite something indeed!

After the performance, there was a buffet reception on the church grounds. There was champagne and finger food. Since it had been a long day for both of us, we ate a bit and went home after that. I will not mind going through such a great experience again! So inspired I was with the performance that I resolve to be more spiritual in future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...