Lilypie

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Road Tests!

I went for a series of road tests today. First I tried the BMW 320. The interior is sleek and comfortable. There is the auto Manual gear but the gear handle has to be turned a few times to engage the Manual gear. Even though the car looks nice, it does not seem to be easy to drive, as the engine gets bumpy and the passenger will not sit in comfort.

I saw the BMW Z4 Roadster convertible in the shop, and I was almost drooling over it! Beautiful car, although not very practical as it is only a two-seater. If anyone is to spend a 6-figure sum on a car, it makes more sense for the car to be able to take in more passengers, instead of just for two.

Secondly, I tried the Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor. Now, that is a great car! Sleek, chic, smooth, comfortable, and great to travel on the road, for both the driver and passenger. The engine is so smooth and soft that one can hardly feel the car moving at all! It is that smooth! And it comes with a keyless entry, so one had no worries about car thefts anymore!

The third car I tried was the new Toyota Camry 2.4. I am used to a Camry, since my parents drive a Camry too (the older version), so I do not find any difference between the new and the old versions. Even the seats and dashboard look the same.

Next, I tried the Lexus IS250. That is another great car! Smooth, sleek, chic and advanced. The seats are air-conditioned, so even if the car was left in the hot sun for the whole day, the driver will feel cool once he sat in the car.

It also operates on keyless entry and driving. And there are two air-conditioners - one for the driver and one for the front passenger. It is also a good car to go up and down hills, as it does not jerk that badly and everyone is ensured of a smooth and uneventful ride throughout.

I saw the Lexus SC430 in the store, and went into the driver's seat to sit and look. That car is a dream! Four-seater, size of a normal saloon, reasonable rate for a convertible, and it is the type of car that makes heads turn when a person is driving it. But that is only a dream, as I know I can never afford it in this lifetime.

I actually wanted to stop after trying out the Lexus, but then we passed by the Mini Cooper shop. And since I always wanted to try out a Mini Cooper, I went in to try a Mini Cooper S. Now, that is a powerful car! For such a small car, it is running on 175 horsepower. So I can speed without banging into anyone as the car is small, so easier to control.

Small, powerful and deadly! Plus the dashboard is reminiscent of those retro times, which looks really cute! Now, that is the type of car I like! If I ever get the Mini Cooper, I will paint it in the design of a British flag! The only gripe is that because it is such a small car, it will be hard to take in passengers as if anyone else drives, he has to adjust the seat all the way to the back just to allow space for his feet. Thus, no one can sit behind him.

However, when I tried getting into the driver's seat, it is just perfect for me. I need not even adjust the seat, everything is perfect, from the height to the leg space to the mirror. This is really a car designed for puny people like me! No wonder it is so popular nowadays, as it is fast, cute, and suits smaller size people!

I wanted to stop after trying out the Mini Cooper, but since I went by the Audi shop, I decided to try out one more car, so I tried the Audi A4. That is also another smooth car, but not as good as the Mercedes or the Lexus, and definitely not as good as the Mini Cooper!

If I am to rank (not including the Mini Cooper and Camry), of all the luxury cars, I will say Lexus tops my list, followed by the Mercedes, then Audi and finally BMW. My friend thinks the Mercedes is tops, followed by the Lexus.

Come to think of it, there is not much of a price difference between the Mercedes and the Lexus. So perhaps it is more practical to get the Mercedes after all, if I ever decide to get a luxury car, since it is not much of a difference as compared to a Lexus, and yet it is a grander car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...