Lilypie

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wheels And Deals

I am planning to buy a car. I can hear voices already, calling me crazy, mad, cuckoo, etc. Afterall, I have yet to get my driving license, so why would I want to buy something so expensive and not useful to me?

Well, buying a car need not necessarily be used by myself alone. The car can be for my family members, especially if my mum is using her car and my dad needs to go somewhere. It is also useful for our big gatherings where we need more cars to drive people around. Also, it can be shared between him and me, and if I do get the car before I get my license, he can always use it first.

We bought a motoring magazine on Sunday, and flipped through the prices. The Entitlement Certificate seems way down, so it seems like a great opportunity to get a car. Initially I was thinking of the Mazda 2, but from feedback it is not an easy car to drive, especially for beginner (and clumsy) drivers.

Then I thought of the Mini Cooper or the Volkswagen Beetle, but these are small and expensive. I also thought of the new Chery QQ, but that car is still new in the market so may not be that reliable.

So I was thinking of the Toyota Yaris, but that is too small. He will like something with a big enough boot at least to cater to a golf bag, and three passengers at the back. So in the end we settled for the Toyota Corolla Altis.

Not too big, not too small, just nice for about six people (although it will be a wee bit squeezy) and the boot has a big enough space for bags after a day of shopping. Besides, Toyota cars are still the most reliable, according to most people.

Now all I need to find out is whether I have enough financing to get the car, and a car loan at the same time, as well as whether I will have enough credit to pay off the instalments for a ten-year tenure. Hopefully I will be able to get a decent car soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...