Lilypie

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Portobello ....

There is this little restaurant called Portobelle Cafe somewhere in town. The few times I went around that area, I overlooked that place. Honestly, it is rather easy to overlook if no one knows it exists, because it is a very small place, just a few tables inside, and a few outside. If I did not come across a restaurant review recently raving about the food at this place and the address, I would never have noticed it as well!

The interior is pretty cosy, with a Mediterranean feel, considering the place sells Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine after all. No rabbit meat though. I ordered a Moussaka, which is essentially a dish consisting of eggplants and beef stew of sorts. I must say, the food is yummy, and the service is good too!

Just as well we went for an early dinner, otherwise there would be no more places later on as the seats were all reserved. I guess for such a small place with limited seating, it will be almost impossible to get a seat without any prior reservation. Next time I shall go there later on in the night, so I can eat in candlelight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...