Lilypie

Sunday, September 30, 2007

TANGO!

We went for our first Tango class today. I first came across Tango after watching "True Lies", and found it fascinating, especially with the rose. Then I watched some ballroom dancing segments and found Tango rather interesting. Since he is interested as well, we signed up together.

There are only about seven of us in the class (perhaps more, but maybe the rest did not turn up). We have a pair of instructors teaching us, one male and one female. Apparently, Tango is a social dance with close bodily contact, so we have to ensure we are very close to our partners. As with most dances, the man will lead, and the woman will follow, but the man has to ensure that his partner is close to him at all times, with her arms bent comfortably on his arms and shoulders.

That was the first time we were in such close proximity with each other. It is a bit nervous for both of us as he had never held me that close before. I am not one who is comfortable having such close bodily contact with someone I have no feelings for, which explains why I put a lot of jerks off since they always think I play hard to get.

But of course, with him it is different since we have been meeting up quite frequently. I was a bit nervous at first since it was the first time he was holding me and I am not sure just how he would feel. But the initial nervousness faded away as we tried out the dance steps and he tried to lead me. I became more and more at ease. That should be how people dance - being at ease and comfortable with the partner.

We kept changing partners. Since there was a variety of heights, we had to adjust accordingly to the height of the leader and try to follow through. All in all, it was an interesting lesson, and from the looks of the demonstration at the end of the class, the successive lessons will get more interesting. Really looking forward to the next class!

1 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

From what I have learnt, body contact is required for all Ballroom type social dances (Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, and etc.)

That is how the man's supposed to lead the lady.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...