Lilypie

Monday, September 10, 2007

Planning A Weekend Getaway

September 10th, and I have officially completed one year in this firm. Quite an achievement actually, as considering my employment history for the past couple of years or so, I have never been in a company for more than half a year, mostly not by choice.

And because I have been slogging and slaving away for this company the past year, I can finally claim my entitlement in the form of a complimentary stay in any of the resorts around the world! Plus half price on all food and beverages in the resorts!

I have a certain yearly rebate, but it is quite impossible to use it all up, because after all, how many times do one really get to go to exotic places and stay in resorts, even for free? Besides I am only entitled for a maximum of three nights per resort per stay for the year.

A plan is in the works. Since Hari Raya Puasa will be on a Saturday, I get to claim an off day anytime during the week within one month from the day, so I am thinking of claiming the off day during the Deepavali weekend, then we can go away for a few days, perhaps to Bintan or Phuket.

What is surprising is that my mum never even disapprove when I told her we (needless to say, the person I am going with is of the opposite gender who is not any of my immediate family members, at least for now) may be planning a weekend getaway. She just told me to ensure I get the air fare or ferry ticket confirmed and that I have enough off days.

Hmmmm.... All these years of not allowing me to go on a trip on my own or even with a female friend, and she never say anything this time, even though she knows I am only booking one room for both of us! Looks like I can look forward to better times ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...