Lilypie

Saturday, September 8, 2007

My First Driving Lesson (Again)

So I finally got my Advance Theory test booked! My test will be after the sixth November, which means I need to buy an updated book and try out the tests online in the next couple of months. It took me a few tries before I finally passed the last time round. This time round, I aim to pass after the first try.

I had my first Auto lesson today. After about three years or so not being behind the wheel, I was a nervous freak. I could not even remember how to steer the wheel properly! My instructor told me that an Auto car is not as stressful as the car can move on its own once the brake is released. It does not need so many controls as a Manual car, so I should not feel so nervous behind the wheel.

The car I am having for my lessons is a Toyota Vios 1.5. It will be the same car for when I take my examination. Today was the first lesson, so all I did was to turn round and round the carpark. I played with the handle, adjusted to N, D, P and R. I tried reversing, driving, turning right and left, and parking and stopping the car.

One thing I am trying to figure out is that in reversing, how can one gauge the distance behind the car behind? How would I know I can still reverse, or that I will not knock into the car behind me? In the car, it is hard to estimate even when I turned my head behind to see.

Overall, it was a good lesson. Not much hope of actually driving in one year's time though at the rate I am going and with all the nervousness behind the wheel, but I shall see how it goes. Meanwhile, I will take the lessons diligently, and hopefully I can really drive soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...