Lilypie

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A House Warming

It had been a great day! I spent the afternoon with my best friend and her new husband, attending a housewarming party at their new home. They have moved to a rather out of the way neighbourhood, but their place is nice!

The interior decoration is simple yet classic, cosy and homely. She is a real good housekeeper, considering their home is clean, neat and tidy. I praised her for being such a good homemaker, and she said that she is sure I can be one too once I get married (if I get married, that is).

I brought the cake I baked over to their home. They have catered food for about thirty, but since the gathering is only for close friends on both sides, it is not a big group, considering most of her friends are unable to make it.

Some of our friends whom she invited are overseas, my ex has a long flight, and the rest either have to spend time with their families or having company retreats. In the end, only his friends came and she called her parents and sisters down to help eat the food.

It had been really long since I last saw her family, so we started catching up a little. Her parents look older than I remember, but then the last time I actually saw them was way back in 2002 at her cousin's twenty-first birthday celebration!

I was the first to arrive there and the latest to go. I reached their place earlier so I could help out a bit as well as to chat and catch up. The food from the caterers are good too! The guests praised the food and my cake, which gave me a sense of achievement!

There was plenty of food left so she packed a few packets for me to bring home for my brothers. In this way, my maid does not need to cook since my parents are still away. I really envy them - able to create a warm cosy home together. I feel so happy for them! The housewarming is a house warming indeed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...