Lilypie

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Have Yourself A Merry (Belated) Christmas!

Merry (belated) Christmas everyone! And a Happy Boxing Day! As one can probably tell, I am in an extremely good mood today. It had been a magical Christmas indeed, one of the happiest I ever had, and I have not had a happy Christmas for a while already.

Christmas Eve I went to a Christmas party / gathering of sorts, and had great food! There was turkey, ham, spaghetti, roast chicken and some of the other Christmas goodies. Then we went to midnight mass at the Cathedral.

I initially thought of going there to hear the choir, but I did not expect the crowd. We had to stand throughout. Christmas midnight mass is normally a little longer than normal masses, so we stood for about one and a half hours. Luckily I did not have any blackout spells this time round for standing so long. The choir was good as usual though.

After mass, we took a drive round Orchard area to see the lights. Somehow the decorations this year are not as nice as previous years. Even the lights are not as spectacular as those from previous years. Perhaps the budget has been cut?

Christmas Day, I re-watched "Love Actually". I never fail to cry after the show, especially the full-length edition. I still find it so heartwarming, despite watching it a few times now. And the song at the end "All I Want For Christmas Is You" reflected my exact sentiments!

Christmas Night, we had a magical time at the beach. It was a perfect night to go moon-gazing, because there was a real round moon on Christmas Night itself. Double blessing I think, to have a full moon on Christmas Day.

We sat by the jetty gazing up at the moon, watching the planes fly by and counting the stars. There were a few bright sparkling stars in the sky, and I could not help but recite the nursery rhyme :

Star Light, Star Bright
First Star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the wish
I wish tonight.

And you know what? Wishes do come true after all! My Christmas wish came true for me! I am not going to divulge much at this time, all will be said in time to come, but I believe you can draw your own inference what transpired. :-p

It is going to be a wonderful year ahead! :-)

2 comments:

imp said...

have a great 2008!

juphelia said...

Have a great 2008 too! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...