Lilypie

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Finally I went to watch this much-hyped musical today, and it happened to be the last day, so it was just as well I managed to catch it. For once in a very long time, I actually had someone to go with (or rather, someone who does not mind going for musicals), so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! It is really more fun having a company for activities rather than all alone!

The musical is better than expected! I have not watched the movie, so I cannot make comparisons between the two, but for a stage musical, the special effects are amazing! Imagine a life-size car being able to be put on stage, and the car can float, fly, have wings, turn its headlights on and honk all on its own!

Even the special effects for the cast is good, the way the two children fly. The acoustics are good too, as for us sitting right on top, we were able to hear the sound and singing very well! Articulate pronunciation (but that should be the case considering where the cast is from) and great singing.

Overall, perfect! A light-hearted family type comedy musical, but perfect nevertheless. Catchy songs and great storyline, but what I really like is the stage effects! At the end when all the cast went on stage to take bows, the car was revealed at the very end, and it was the car that got the most applause! Of course, since it was the main star after all!

My friend and I will be going for the Jacky Cheung concert and the Beauty World musical in January. Let's hope it is just as enjoyable!

3 comments:

Richard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Richard said...

Now I hope I get to take JJ to see it before he grows to big to want to go.

Three weeks ago, he told me he doesn't want me to pick him up, give him a hug and a kiss when we exchange the sign of peace at church. "Just shake my hand", he said. sigh. And he is only 6 years old.

juphelia said...

Well, kids do grow up very fast, don't they?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...