Lilypie

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nuttiness ....

I think I am really domestically-impaired when it comes to working in the kitchen. Just like the other day, when we had to shred carrots, I was the only one who created such a mess despite being slower than the rest.

Today, when we had to chop almond and hazelnuts for the cake fillings, I had no idea how to chop them at all. I see the rest of them taking out a handful of nuts, putting them onto a chopping board, then using the cleaver and just started chopping away into fine pieces, I wondered how they did that.

I tried to imitate them by doing the same thing, but my nuts started moving all around, making it hard for me to even chop them properly. I saw how they held on to the nuts to prevent them from moving around, but I was more concerned about getting my finger chopped off instead! :-p

Finally, I held on to the nuts as firm as I could and started chopping away. At least I succeeded to a certain extent, as the nuts were chopped into pieces, albeit bigger pieces and not fine ones as were instructed.

But it was such a relief for me being able to chop nuts properly in the first place that I just could not be bothered to continue chopping them into finer pieces!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Get a mini food processor. I have one that handles about a cup at a time. It is great for quickly chopping up garlic and other stuff (like nuts). My mother used to use a coffee grinder for nuts.

juphelia said...

Ah thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...