Lilypie

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coping With Stress ....

Finally I am being offloaded! We just hired a new staff to take over some of my overseas projects, and she needs to travel to the respective country at times. Hmmm... maybe I should exchange so I can be the one travelling instead? Come to think of it, I have never once travelled for work. But then I much rather travel for leisure!

I am not sure if my boss is under a lot of stress right now, or he just does not mince his words. In just a week, he has said some rather crude things to me. It is not the first time he has been crude, but in recent weeks, the duration is more frequent. Perhaps that is how he copes with stress?

Everyone has a different way of coping with stress. When I was teaching, I was under a lot of stress. Maybe I was younger, just started work and plus the fact that we had to bring our work home all the time with no chance of relaxing, there were times I almost crumbled. I brought all the emotions and stress back home with me. I was in a bad mood all the time and lashed out at everyone.

Come to think of it, I was not very easy to live with in those days. No wonder everyone was irritated with me - my parents, my brothers, my ex. Could not blame him for leaving I guess. When I remember those days, I myself cannot even live with myself.

Now I am glad to say I am more able to cope. Perhaps now even though my working hours are not that short, at least I get most weekends off. When I go home, I really relax and not work. I go out and enjoy myself, be it my family or friends. I take part in interesting activities.

Different people have different ways of coping with stress, but one thing I learnt from the past is that I should not take everything so personally and blame myself for everything. There are things beyond my control at work. As long as I have done my best, so be it. I should not let my work take over my life and control me.

And that itself is the best way of coping with stress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...