Lilypie

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolution

Now that it is the end of the year, I have to start putting my life back in perspective. Honestly, what have I done this year, or these two years in fact? It is time to be focused on what I want out of life, especially since the coming year brings about the end of one decade and the beginning of another, so I cannot afford to be wishy-washy and frivolous anymore.

So what do I want in the coming year (and the years ahead)? Besides my job which I am trying to cope with, the next thing is my studies. I will be taking more modules in the coming semester, so I have to be focused and manage my time better.

I also have to grow religiously, which means I have to get more involved in church and parish activities and talk more to church-going friends. Perhaps I can sound my friend out on helping him out with the church activities he is involved in.

There will also be the normal resolution of improving my relations with my family members and spending more time with them. Just like on New Year's Day itself, we will be attending the first birthday of my cousin's baby. Time really flies, he is one year old already!

Next, I hope to get my driving license before the end of the year, which means I must be more disciplined in my driving lessons and advance theory test, so as to pass hopefully at the first try. An Auto car should be easier than a Manual car I guess.

2008 will also be a music year. I resolve to spend more time on piano playing, something which I have done in only bits and pieces the past couple of years. Playing the piano is therapeutic, and a good way to unlease frustrations and vexations, especially when the song touches the inner core of one's emotions.

But the main thing I hope for more than anything else? Finding the one special person to know, to grow with, to settle down with. Someone whom I want and whom God wants for me. Someone who is into me and who fits my ideal criteria. I know he is definitely somewhere, out there, waiting for both of us to find each other.

Which means I must be more selective and choosy and discerning, instead of just trying out with anyone who deems potential. That person must be the only one I can actually foresee a future with, a soulmate and one whom I want to continue seeing and vice versa.

Thus, 2008 will be a year of focus, discipline, religion, family and hopefully love. Now that the end of the year has come and a new year is approaching, I have finally found my direction in life and will work towards it. This will be the first time I actually make a resolution and ensure I stick to it at all costs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...