Lilypie

Monday, December 3, 2007

Word Of The Day

Usufructuary. The new word I came across while looking through a document today. I have never seen this word before in my life and it was not recognised by Microsoft Word, so I did a search and apparently, this word does exist.

According to Mr Webster, "usufructuary" means having the use or enjoyment of something, or a usufruct of a property. I did a further search and found that "usufruct" means the legal right of using or enjoying the fruit or profits of something belonging to another.

In other words, it is the right to use and enjoy the profits and advantages of something belonging to another as long as the property is not destroyed or damaged or altered in any way.

So if I use someone's house as my own, enjoying all the facilities that come along with it, without making any alterations or damaging it, I will be deemed to own the house of an usufruct nature.

Well, one learns something new everyday. Language is interesting indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...