Lilypie

Friday, June 6, 2008

Another Mini Outburst

Why are some people so insecure? Or is insecure even the right word to use? Maybe self-centred is a better word. I can understand if one has deep feelings for someone and when the person is distant, he / she may get all worried and flustered, but when one hardly knows someone, why should they even bother if the person has time for him?

Ever since my new boss came on board, things have been quite busy, as he wants to be in control for everything, so he wants justifications on the things we do as well as work reports every two weeks. Hence, I had been so busy the past couple of weeks or so.

A few days back, this guy left me a message. I was busy trying to solve a major problem due to some financing issues on one of our cases, so I did not have the time to reply to him. After that, he sent me another message, asking how I was. So I replied, saying I was busy.

Any normal person will then either ask if everything was okay and then leave me alone, or just leave me alone altogether, because when one was busy, you do not bug the person over trivial things. But not this person.

He said he just thought of catching up, and if he was not disturbing me maybe we could talk. So I said I would rather talk later. To others, that was that. But after five minutes, he left me another message, remarking that I seemed pretty quiet that day. Now, did I not just tell him I would talk later and that I was busy?

And it was not as if it was really anything important, he only wanted to ask if I have a photo of myself to show him, like the other times, to which I had already said I am using my office computer, of course there will not be a photo in it, and he always asked why not, and I always replied because it is my office computer so by right we cannot upload anything external from what is already in there.

So I replied that I told you I was busy, and we talk later, and then he said as long as he was not disturbing me, he just thought of catching up since he had not chatted with me for quite some time, and how come I was so busy? Do some people really need everything spelt out so explicitly? People have their own lives and other things going on, they do not spend their time talking to him alone!

I could have just ignored but I did not want another bomb to my messenger, so I told him I was at work, of course I would be busy, and when people are busy, it is best to leave them alone. Does he expect people to drop everything to talk to him just because he wanted to talk, and it was not as if there was anything urgent?

Even if he is the type who can talk to others while busy, but it does not mean everyone is the same. One wrong step for me can result in lots of losses to the company, so when I had to solve the problem urgently, I really needed to focus on that alone, no matter how I can multi-task at times, because it is not my own problem but the company's problem. I do not want to lose my job just like that.

I seriously wonder why some people think everyone has to cater to them at any time, without considering others may be occupied with other things, especially where bread and butter issues are concerned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...