Lilypie

Monday, June 16, 2008

Does Astrology Charts One's Destiny?

This is probably a very stupid question, but at times I wonder, do horoscopes and astrology play a part in charting one's life? I normally take astrology with a pinch of salt, but on the other hand, there are scientific studies on what planets affect your life and destiny. And at times when I was doing astrological quizzes for fun, the results sometimes turn out amazingly true.

I remember back when I was a freshman, at one of the supper sessions, someone passed around an astrology book written by Jacqueline Stallone, mother of Sylvester. In it, she wrote about the background of the different star signs, and which star sign matches are the best. She even went into specifics like the breakdown of the various days of the star sign.

I was quite intrigued then, so took a look at the book. My sign is Libra, end of the Libra actually, almost touching on Scorpio, so I concentrated on the 15th to 22nd October section. Apparently, the best matches for me is an Aquarius. "True love" is indicated on someone born around 1st to 8th February.

I took a look at my (then) ex's sign, (Capricorn - 8th to 15th January) and it was indicated "The love will fade". Now, that part is so true! Then one of my buddies told me that he is an Aquarius of 9th to 16th February, so we took a look and it was indicated "You are great buddies!", and we were laughing at how true that statement is (at that point in time)! For his sign, his "true love" is a Libra born around 1st to 8th October.

Apparently, just for curiosity, he later ordered a horoscope book from Reader's Digest, and a Libra and Aquarius match is indicated as "Superlative". This buddy later became the guy I almost married. Somehow, in every horoscope book I flipped through, a Libra and Aquarius match is always good, followed by a Libra and Taurus match.

Then comes Chinese astrology. A Horse has the best match with Tiger and Dog. A Horse will clash with Rat, Rabbit and Rooster. This part is true too. It is not because I got to know about this that I started thinking on best matches, but rather, after I got to know about this, from the people I know, I realised that I really do get along better with those born in the year of the Tiger and Dog, and really has no chemistry with those born in the years of the Rat, Rabbit and Rooster.

I know all these are just guidelines and not the gospel truths, but at times, I do not know if it is a coincidence or not, things happened to me that I find really true. For instance, of the guys I have dated, only one is an Aquarius, and he is still the only one I feel most compatible with. Another remarkable coincidence is that his wife is also a Libra, and her birthday falls within 1st to 8th October. Now, what does that indicate? A perfect match, is it not?

Of course, that does not mean that other signs will not work. When people get together, all these should be the least of their worries. But to me, I find these astrology signs coincidentally true, in terms of affinity with people, friends, and relationships. Still, that does not mean I take them as gospel truths and revolve my life around them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...