Lilypie

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Of Chiffon And Lace

My new interest - chiffons! By this, I do not mean the cake, but the fabric. The latest fashion craze is now chiffon, satin and lace. And I prefer chiffon much more than cotton, because the fabric is so soft! Delicate and skimpy (to a certain extent), but really soft and comfortable!

I bought a few chiffon dresses and tops online recently. The moment I saw the design, I really love the clothes! Floral prints, plain designs, princess sleeves, the clothes are really nice! The chiffon is mixed with lace (for a sweeter look) or satin (for a more formal look).

The only problem is I have to figure out how to wash the clothes. It is too delicate to be machine-washed, and too harsh to use hand-wash by the normal detergent. I suppose I have to run it under warm water with mild detergent if I do not intend to send it to the professional laundromats.

Now I only hope I do not look over age wearing chiffon. The last thing I want is to wear something which I cannot carry off, because clothes do make the (wo)man, and things will backfire if one has on the wrong kinds of clothes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...