Lilypie

Monday, June 30, 2008

Boots And Company

If I am not mistaken, I think there is a department store or cosmetics shop with this name in the United Kingdom. But I am not referring to cosmetics, rather, I am trying to find out where to get a pair of knee-length boots.

I have a pair of black ankle boots, which I bought a few years back from Hush Puppies. The reason I like that pair is because it has a rather classic look. I just slip them on and zip them up, not the troublesome button-down boots. But I seldom get to wear it because it is hard to find an occasion to wear boots here.

So why am I thinking of buying a pair of long boots now? There are lots of cute boots in the stores, but I am looking for something that is not black, more towards camel colour, suede material, not expensive yet durable, not too hot or stuffy when I have them on, not too heavy or weighing down and weather-resistant. Quite a lot of criteria right? Which is why I find it so hard to buy boots even though I would so like to own a pair!

The first pair of boots I tried on was years back when my best friend and I went to Doc Martens. I remember I saw a pair of boots which I absolutely adored, and in my size, yet when I tried them on, they were too heavy for me. I could hardly walk in them! I was complaining to her that it was heavy, and she remarked that they are boots, of course would be heavy! Duh!

Since then, I never did find any nice pair of boots that were light and durable until the ankle boots I saw in Hush Puppies. Now what I really like is a pair of knee-length boots to complete my wardrobe. But it is so hard to find them here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...