Lilypie

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Au Naturale ....

For once in a long time (not counting the times when I went out immediately after a facial session), I actually went out of my house on Saturday without a single trace of makeup. Some of my girlfriends will be horrified if they hear that, because I know many of them will never go out without at least lip gloss or defining their brows.

Actually on Saturday, I was meeting a friend for lunch around town area. I applied a paper mask before I left the house, so I needed time for the "elements to go to work", so to speak, thus the bare nudity of the face.

Going au naturale after so long seems a bit strange. Ever since I started working, I have never stepped out of the house without applying anything. It started when I first went out to work, then it became a habit, so even on casual weekends I would still put on makeup before stepping out of the house. Somehow it just feels so strange and naked if I go out without applying anything. But I did that last Saturday.

Even though it felt strange, but then when I was a student, even back in my tertiary days, I went about without any makeup on as well. My friends have seen me in jeans and T-shirts, bermudas and night gowns, with my hair unkempt, my old glasses, and a bare face. And yet these are the ones who remain my friends until now, not because of a painted facade or a professional image, but the real, untidy, laid-back me which I only show at home.

Even though now it is only polite to be well-groomed when meeting people, and I go out nowadays with more colours on my face and better-dressed, but still, those who are your true friends will want to know you not just because of how you look but because of who you are.

Thus if I am happy going au naturale, so be it. If people are going to be disgusted or shocked, then it is their own problem!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...