Lilypie

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Of Corduroy And Bali

There is this rather quaint cafe in ViVo City called the Corduroy Cafe, under the same umbrella as Corduroy and Finch. The place is pretty cosy, with sofa chairs, English-inspired theme, with home-made jam, complete with an antique piano. There is also a bookshelf filled with magazines like National Geographic where people can sit and read for hours. The food is not too bad as well.

A friend and I were there last night for dinner before watching a certain Mr Green. I ordered lasagne and English Breakfast tea, and the tea comes in a tea strainer instead of a teapot, but I love the teacup and saucer set! The teacup and saucer set is clear and transparent, so cute and quaint! Not to mention when I asked for milk, the milk comes in a mini glass bottle, which reminds me of those old-fashioned glass milk bottles that were left outside English village houses!

After the show, we went to Villa Bali for drinks. It is a Balinese-inspired bar, where most prefer to sit al fresco, and at the end of the place are some Balinese huts, complete with mats and cushions. Apparently, if any customer wants to sit in the hut, there will be a special charge. We sat on rattan chairs that are comfortable, and it makes a good environment to chill out. That was the first time I tried a frozen margarita, strawberry-flavoured with huge chunks of ice!

When the drink came, it was spilling out from the side, so I quickly grabbed the straw and sipped away the sides. I wanted something sweet and will not make me drunk, so the frozen margarita is a good choice. I managed to drink the entire glass, without getting drunk (although I still felt a tad tipsy when I reached home - my cheeks were so red!), as compared to when I drank Singapore Sling, now that will make me drunk rather quickly!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...