Lilypie

Friday, June 27, 2008

Oscar's Cafe

This is a time when my inspiration is at the lowest peak. Even though things at work have been quieter lately, no correspondence or phone calls from lawyers, clients and colleagues, so things are pretty lax lately. But somehow I just did not have the inclination to write anything, even though there were quite a few things on my mind. Anyway, I thought to just try writing on my bed and see if thoughts and words can flow.

I went to Oscar's Cafe at Conrad Centennial a few days back. A very generous friend treated me, that was his promise after I did him various favours. I have heard about Oscar's Cafe quite some time ago and have always wanted to try it out, so when I got the chance a few days back, I seized at the opportunity. However, it was quite a letdown. Or perhaps I was expecting the place to be cosy and quiet, with a nice aura, but it was just a normal place for buffet. The food is alright, with a a bit of variety, but overall, I was not overwhelmed by the place.

For a cafe with such a name, and at such a location, I would kind of expect it to be better, considering the price paid. I have heard raving reviews about the hot chocolate there, but when I ordered one, it was nothing out of the ordinary. I have had better hot chocolates elsewhere. Also, I heard it is one of those places that still have my favourite dessert - Gula Melaka, but there was no trace of it at all! Overall, my experience there was quite disappointing.

I do not mind going there again though, but at a different time. Perhaps the lunch, tea or supper menu will be better? Not to mention it is open twenty-four hours of the day, so maybe the menu on the other timings are better?
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...