Lilypie

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Conversation With An Old Friend

It has been a while since I last spoke to my old friend K, so we chatted a bit yesterday. As usual, his first question to me is, "Why are you still single?" Good question, something I myself will like to have an answer to as well. His next question will then be, "When are you going to stop being so picky?"

Hmmm.... another good question. The thing is that there is a certain kind of person I get attracted to. Just like for guys, there is a certain kind of person they are attracted to for each individual. Everyone has different expectations and criteria. To some guys, they want a very simple kind of girl; to others, they have no problems with someone more outspoken.

Actually I have learnt that at times, the person may fit almost all you are looking for, but somehow things just do not work out. One simply cannot explain why when things are going so well, all of a sudden you stop seeing each other. And the person you end up with ultimately may not even be the kind you even consider in the first place. Such is fate.

Which brought him to another point, "You need someone who does not need so much depth, at the same time deep enough to be in tuned to emotions, allow your freedom of speech and not stifle your opinions." Now, why is it those who truly understand me, somehow we can never progress beyond friends? And those who used to claim they liked me and wanted to be with me, yet they can never understand me as thoroughly?

Anyway I believe when the time is right, things will just fall into place. I used to think I could control my own destiny, but after so many things that happened to me and my friends, I realise that there is a greater power at force. Call it destiny or God's will, but things will fall in place somewhere, somehow. And it is beyond the control of any mortal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...