Lilypie

Monday, June 23, 2008

Mobile Woes

I just blew up at the poor customer service officer of my mobile service provider. All these years when I have been using the service, nothing happens. Last year, because of my laptop, I signed up for their broadband service and rented a modem in order to use my laptop. However, the modem never did manage to work, so I terminated the line.

That was about a year ago. I thought everything was terminated, and there was nothing much to settle. All of a sudden, on Saturday, I realised I was not able to use my phone in Malaysia at all! So when I called my mobile service provider after coming back, I was told I had incurred charges on my broadband subscription, and until the outstanding charges were cleared, all extra services on my mobile line would be cut off!

Is that not so ridiculous?! In the first place, nobody told me I had outstanding charges due to the termination of the broadband line! In the second place, even if I had incurred outstanding charges on this related account, resulting in my phone line being cut off, I could have at least have some notification! What gives them the right to just cut off without any warning when I was not in the know?

Besides, the problem lies with the broadband line, not my mobile phone! So how can my mobile services be terminated because of the broadband line? These are two totally different lines and totally different accounts! It is so unfair! I as much as told the customer service officer that. Just like for a mother with two kids, she does not punish one kid for the wrongdoings of the other, is it not?

So why must my services be cut off without any notice because of unpaid charges (when I had no idea about) on my broadband line, when it has nothing to do with my mobile phone line? Which was why I blew up at the poor girl. Honestly, am I being unreasonable for being pissed? It is okay if they sue me for non-payment for the outstanding balance, because if the bill was really unpaid, they have every right to sue me for default, but they have no right to terminate services on my mobile phone line when it was my broadband line that was the issue!

In the end, the girl said she had checked and if I returned the broadband device(s), all charges would be waived and my auto-roaming and international dialing will resume as per normal. So I said in that case, can they not re-activate my auto-roaming services first? But the girl said she has no control over it because it is her Finance department that gave the order to terminate the line, as both lines are under my name, so they do not care which line it is. Can you believe that?!

If it is not because the service provider has given me lots of perks during the years, coupled with the fact that it has one of the cheaper executive plans and auto-roaming services, I would have switched to another service provider immediately! Perhaps I shall, but before I give a death sentence, it is only fair to give another chance for a fair trial. Hopefully this will not happen again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...