Lilypie

Thursday, June 19, 2008

C.O.M.M.I.T.M.E.N.T

I came across a small slip of paper in my drawer last night. That piece of paper was back when I was still in school, and my class was supposed to put up a skit with the theme "Commitment". Every student was given a slip of paper to write down what each thinks "commitment" means.

Anyway, in the skit, someone was acting as a French chef, and she was baking a Commitment Cake. Off hand, I cannot remember the ingredients that were used in the cake, but every letter of "COMMITMENT" had an adjective that stood for something good. Things like Concerned (Castor Sugar), Obligation (Orange Juice), Magnanimous (Mango Mousse), (Cream of) Trust (Tartar), etc. The skit was a huge success and my class won the first prize.

For me, I wrote down the following, "Commitment means sacrificing one's time to spend time with those you love." Yes, even as a sixteen-year-old, this was what commitment means to me. But now, if I am to write down again, I will state "Commitment means being responsible for someone, spending the rest of your life with the person you love, taking care of your loved one and making sure their happiness means more to you than anything else." And that is all there is to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...