Lilypie

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going Across The Causeway ....

Apparently, I will be making a Johor trip this Saturday. Ironically, for someone staying in the neighbouring country, it has been ages since I last went across the Causeway. The last time I stepped into Malaysia was before the second link even came up - my family brought my Aussie relatives for a weekend trip to Malacca, where my mum's company used to have a chalet at the beach.

We drove in with four cars - my family, my mum's sister and her family, my mum's brother and her family, and my Aussie relatives. This was when I had not even entered university yet. So you can imagine just how long ago that was.

I remember the traffic was quite heavy. The cars were stacked bumper to bumper on our way back. We were held up in traffic for such a long time, that my Australian cousin could come out of his car, came into ours, talked to us, went to the boot to get a CD, listened to the whole CD, then went out of our car back into his, before the cars started moving.

This Johor trip came about because my mum's company successfully implemented some initiatives, so there was a cash reward for her department. However, because she is a civil servant, the cash is not to be distributed, but can be used for events, thus they organised a day trip to Johor to catch fireflies. So she is bringing me along as well. Hmmm... that should be interesting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...