Lilypie

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bedazzling Night

For once, I had fun on Valentine's night as a single. Last night's gala dinner was fun, although if the people at my table were more approachable, things would be even more fun! Since it is a glittering gold theme, I wore the yellow satin dress, with citrine necklace and earrings, plus four-inch ankle straps.

I was wondering how the rest would dress, and as expected, the ladies were better dressed than the men. I saw some men coming in just corduroy and a normal shirt - more smart casual than formal.

Front view of the dress

Back View of the dress

Citrine Necklace

Citrine Earrings

Complete Ensemble (Front View)

Complete Ensemble (Back View)

My friend himself was wearing a suit, but even he did not want to wear a tie. I was sitting at the Pink table, where there were more ladies than men. Initially there were only two men, but one more got transferred to the table.

Everyone was quiet, and I was trying to make conversation again, but for some reason, the men at my table were aloof and chauvinistic. They kept putting down everything and everybody, especially the Bedazzling Single finalists, and kept wanting to have the final say in every opinion. I almost ended up arguing with one of them!

My friend was sitting at Gold table, where there was a more balance mix of guys and girls. There were interactive games where people had to get out of the table and mingled around. There was a female celebrity where she dated five guys and chose one whom she did not mind seeing again. I was just talking to the organisers and asked them why was there a female celebrity but no male celebrity? That would be so unfair to the ladies!

Food was okay, nothing much to rave about though. It was a three-course Western dinner starting with Caesar salad, main course of fish, dessert of vanilla ice cream and coffee / tea. Throughout the dinner, there was a lucky draw, introduction of the Bedazzling Single finalists (I must say they all looked good!), and around the end, we had to vote for whom we liked as the Most Bedazzling Single. Ladies have to vote for the guys and guys have to vote for the ladies.

Around the end, I went over to my friend's table and started mingling with his table mates. We then went for drinks at The Loof after that. I have heard of the Loof for quite a while now, but have never been there.

Last night was quite an experience, because the whole place is al fresco, on the roof of one of the buildings. It was very crowded, being a Saturday night and Valentine's Day. However, it was filled mostly with Caucasians.

Initially, we had to stand as there were no more seats left for our group of six. So we ended up sharing a table with some guys. Then they left and we managed to get seats. However, there was only one bathroom for both genders, and for some reason, the girls all seemed to want to go to the bathroom at the same time! Knowing girls, they tend to take a long time inside, I still have not figured out why! The bathroom is the last place anyone will want to stay a long time in!

I ordered Lychee Martini - my favourite cocktail. But the one I drank yesterday was a tad strong, so I got high and a bit tipsy after just a glass. Perhaps because I drank so much the day before that the alcohol was still in my system? Needless to say, I got a hangover this morning. Hmmmm.... seems that I still cannot figure out what is my limit!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Spent the day and night boardgaming :P

But maybe one of these days I'll have to invest in 2-3 "show off" clothing.

juphelia said...

"Show off" clothing? Thought it's much easier for guys, just throw on a suit will do! Unless you're thinking of a tuxedo a la Tuxedo Kamen! ;-p

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...