Lilypie

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun Singles Events To Look Forward To ....

This week is Valentine’s Week, and the various matchmaking / dating agencies have come together to organize some fun activities for singles. I have kind of lost count on the number of advertisements I receive. But I will be going for two of them.


First up is the Revel event this Friday. Initially it was just my friend and I who signed up together, but since he can only come in later, we will not be going together. Then I heard another one of our friends have signed up, so she and I may be going together. A new friend I got to know a few weeks back will also be going, but he will be going in a group organized by one of the dating agencies.


Then the BeDazzled Glittering Gold Gala dinner on Saturday. Initially there was a conference on Friday leading up to the dinner, but since the conference had been cancelled, I was asked if I wanted a one to one date or a refund, so I chose the latter. It seems more cost-effective to have a refund, since the one to one date may not even cost the same as what I paid for the conference!


Which kind of conveniences me, because I was intending to take leave on Friday to attend the conference. But if I am to take leave, then I would have used up one more day. My leave is very precious. I rather use it up one shot to go for a longer holiday than to take bit by bit in order to clear. With the conference cancelled, I can still go to work as per normal, then go to The Arena later on in the night.


Which only leaves the question of what am I going to wear on Friday night? Yes, the question every girl asks herself, whether single or attached. No matter how long she is with a guy, how the guy says he loves her for who she is not what she looks like, she will still want to ensure she is well-dressed and appropriate for the occasion.


I have already prepared what I intend to wear on Saturday. As for Friday, I am thinking of wearing a tube dress, not the one I wore for Chinese New Year, but a black one with floral prints. And boots of course. Maybe the knee-length boots.


The last two time I actually went to a club (Zouk and St James), I wore a red tube dress with a matching scarf and my old mid-calf boots, and a black sleeveless toga dress with the same boots. After that the heels of the boots fell out and I had to retire them.


In any case, I have up to Thursday night to decide. Time for some wardrobe cleaning again!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Long time no comment :D

Well, I am sort of in the reverse dilemna. Since I have extra leave allotmens, I have been "forced" to clear them before the next financial year (to balance the company budget). So, been doing OT to "cover" 1 day's work as I am "officially" on 4 day work week till end of March. No OT pay of course.

As for Singles event, the thought of going for dating agencies is certainly gaining some appeal. However, I am just simply too cheap for it :P

juphelia said...

Hello! Seems like you are one of those who got "forced" leave. Some of my friends got "forced" to take leave during the CNY week, and for those three days, they were not being paid. Unfair actually.

Haha.. you don't need to go to a dating agency. The government is pumping a lot into activities of these sorts lately, so there are more and more social activities, and most are not expensive at all!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...