Lilypie

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Season Of Giving (Up)

It is almost Lent. Or is it already Lent? In any case, the forty days of Lent was when Jesus fasted and prayed. Thus during Lent, people of my faith are supposed to "fast" by giving up something. Normally there will be a nine-week special Novena before Easter.

Since this Easter I will be away, in order to compromise, I have to give up something for Lent. Well, there is no compromise for religion, but still, I am already not those staunch bible-spouting kinds who go around converting anyone I see, so the least I can do is to try to be faithful.

Thus, from now until Easter, I am giving up chocolates. Yes, no big deal, but coming from me, it is a big deal. I cannot function without my daily dose of Rocher. Just like people swear on coffee, I swear on Rocher as my daily caffeine intake.

I am also giving up fried chicken wings. Again, it is not a big deal for many people, but it is a big deal for me, as this is one of my ultra weaknesses. I was contemplating whether I should give up writing as well, but well, we take it step by step. :-p

Hopefully, by giving up all these, coupled with extra prayers, maybe for once, a miracle can happen? That I can get my prayers answered for once (okay, for one of the few rare times), in those few aspects of my life which I have been praying about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...