Lilypie

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Planning An Easter Break

Finally, after more than two years in the company and numerous rejections, I can get to enjoy my company’s exclusive resort, so I will be going to Phuket around Easter week! Actually I kind of went the long way as I was so fed up of getting my application rejected all the time.


The politics are still around, and I know certain people who have the authority to approve my application will just reject it on some basis, so I requested my colleagues in Phuket to book a place for me. Since I will be going with the same three friends, my colleague booked a two-bedroom villa for us, under my account.


The thing is, that period is the peak period. If I am to apply for the complimentary stay as what I am entitled to, I may probably never get it. Besides, tickets to Phuket are having a big discount, all the more so for my friends if they want to exchange their mileage points. So if we do not take advantage of this offer, we will then lose out.


So, I went the unorthodox way. The only catch is that being the peak season, we may need to pay a bit more, but still, it is at a special staff rate and much lesser than what one will normally pay on other days! After discussing with my friends, they are agreeable so I went ahead and told my colleague to reserve it for us.


We have also gotten our air tickets booked! Our local carrier is having a promotion, so I managed to get the tickets at a very good price, with much better timing and pricing than the budget carriers! The budget carriers have only one flight per day, and even that is at a rather bad time!


Coincidentally, all of us (except one as we are still pending her reply) will be taking the same flight. The other two managed to redeem points and I managed to get a timing that is most convenient. So we will be leaving on the evening of ninth April (Maundy Thursday), rushing to the airport straight after work, then coming back around midnight on twelfth April.


The flight to Phuket takes about two hours the most, and my colleague has also requested for a van to pick us up from the airport to bring us to the resort. So everything seem to be set! Now the only problem is, what are we going to do the entire long weekend there?


The last time I went to Phuket was when I was still in lower secondary, and I could hardly remember much except how hot the place is, the beach and Phi Phi Island where Christopher Lee filmed the James Bond show “The Man With The Golden Gun”. So we need to do some research on just what we can do there!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...