Lilypie

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Burst Of Craziness!

I have been relatively “normal” for a very long time now (although some may differ), until I did a crazy thing today. For some reason, I had such a strong crazing for the whipped potato and iced tea from KFC, that I almost wanted to call in and order the meal. However, ordering the meal is expensive and not practical for just one person, so I thought of going down to the nearest outlet. At least I still have part of my sanity intact!


In any case, the nearest outlet to my office is a short walk down the street. So I proceeded. Except I underestimated the distance. Well, it looks near from the bus stop, but what turned out to be a short walk became four bus stops, one zebra crossing and three pedestrian crossings. Plus it was the noontime sun, so I was almost fainting from hunger and the heat.


When I finally reached the place, I started looking for the restaurant. I walked around the whole place but could not find any trace of the restaurant! I thought of just taking the bus down to the nearest interchange which I know there is a restaurant, when I found it. Apparently, the small outlet happens to be inside a department store.


When I saw the clock on the wall, I realized that I took half an hour to walk down and find the place! It was a wonder I did not get any heat stroke! So I ordered whatever I wanted and got my craving satisfied! Not only that, I also got to enjoy a bit of the cool air-conditioning!


Then it was time to go back to the office. This time round, I did not wish to walk in the hot sun again, so I just went to the nearest bus stop and took the bus in. It was only three stops coming back, but at least I did not need to walk in the sun!


The crazy things I can do sometimes! Most people will not be bothered and just grab anything at a nearer place! But this is me – when I want something, I make sure I go get it no matter how far or difficult it is. At least I am happy that despite everything, I am still quintessentially myself!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...