Lilypie

Monday, February 9, 2009

Networking While Exercising

I have not woken up so early on a Saturday morning just to have a jog at the beach. Heck, I have not woken up early on any day to jog! Since my friend suggested going to the beach and we could invite more people, I took the opportunity to get more of my friends to come along.


I have not been to the beach for quite a while, especially during the day time. The past few times I went was during the night, when it was quieter and cosier. Hence I would kind of expect the beach to be crowded on a Saturday morning, but it was not as crowded as I thought! There were the usual cyclists, rollerbladers, joggers and swimmers, but other than that, it was just a sparse scattering of people.


Initially it was just three of us. Then I asked a few more friends along – two guys and a girl. All three said okay, but along the way two of them cancelled as they had other appointments. Then another guy said he would come. On Thursday itself, one more guy agreed to come.


In the end, it was a group of six. Three of us (including me) brought our dogs along, so we had a good time walking and exercising the dogs, as well as get some exercising of our own done. All the more so for me, since I have not walked or jogged anywhere for such a long time!


Initially, my friend wanted rollerblading, but since most of us do not blade, and since it is the first time we are meeting at the beach, we thought it would be best to take it easy the first time round. So it was a good time for all of us, catching up on things, getting some wind and sun, and sitting down for breakfast after that. At least my friends seem to get along well, so it is a good thing! We are thinking of having another outing like that, perhaps a tennis session, so see how that goes!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...