Lilypie

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Revel Night!

Happy Valentine's Day! I am surprised I can still wake up so early today without much of a hangover, considering the combination I drank last night! I have not drank so much in my life before!

I started out with sake at a Japanese restaurant with my friend, then when we met up with the guy to go to The Arena, there was free flow of drinks for the ladies, so the guy took drink coupons from me and gave me orange vodka and bourbon coke. I downed it with coke and orange juice, until the bar closed and we then proceeded to Zirca, where I drank whisky downed with water and coke. It was really a miracle that I was still able to walk properly without any trace of drunkness!

As some of you can recall, I was trying to decide on what to wear to the Revel event. In the end, I settled on a reddish silk halter dress that falls slightly below my knees. I got that at a big discount in Oxford Street of London two years back. When I wore it, the front seems a bit lower cut than I thought, but to heck with it! I matched it with my knee-length boots and crystal drop earrings, and smoky eyes. I think the effect must be good because those who saw me all commented I look good!

Front view of the dress

Back view of the dress

The crystal earrings

My knee-length boots

The complete ensemble

In any case, the Revel night was not as fun as I thought. My friends and I reached there about eight plus, and already the hall was crowded. There seemed to be more guys than girls. We walked one round and came back empty handed, as we could not find anyone whom we found remotely appealing.

So we sat down at a table and just chatted. There were guys who came up and talked to us, but all they did was say hi, introduced their names and went off. I was like, "Aren't they supposed to be taking drinks coupons from me?"

There were quite a variety of guys though, from kids to middle aged "uncles". Most of the guys are quiet with not much of a mingling around. Those that I saw that were remotely flamboyant were the wild ones whom I did not wish to attract.

For some reason, the only guy that kind of talked to me throughout happened to be a kid! As in really a kid! He talked about clubbing, about how good a dancer he is, and whether I can guess his cologne (which I could not even smell to tell the truth!). And he is still a tertiary student! I as much as told him he is too young for me, but he simply could not get the hint and kept trying to make conversation, but honestly, I was getting so irritated!

I went off to find another guy friend who told me he was there with a group. I managed to find him and introduced him to my friends, then chatted with him for a while. Some photographers were around to take photos of us, and displayed the photos on the screen, as well as printed one for each of us as a memento. The kid took the opportunity to take a photo with me too. When the bar closed, we decided to proceed to another club.

Taken with my friends

Taken with the "kid"

I thought I could finally get rid of the kid, but he wanted to tag along with us. So I said I was not the decision-maker, why not he ask my friends if he could come along? And he actually asked them! My guy friend then rescued me by saying we were actually going for a private party, so that was when he finally gave up! Thank goodness! If I was not walking in front of so many people, I could have hugged my friend there and then!

We then went on to Zirca, the one who took over MInistry of Sound. My friend is able to go in as a VIP due to his credit card, and he is even allowed to bring two guests, so we managed to go in as VIPs too, where we could utilise the VIP lounge in the Envy room.

We sat at a place where we could see the stage, and every half an hour or so, there would be an acrobat performance or striptease. Gosh, the guys are so hunky! We then indulged in spicy wings, honey squid and prawn crackers, as well as booze, and just swayed to the music!

Is it because I have not stepped into a club for so long, that I find the music a tad softer now? I remember how I used to feel giddy over the loud booming music played in clubs. That, coupled with the booze and smoke, always made me drunk so easily.

Last night was one of the most enjoyable clubbing experiences, because the music was good, and ever since smoking was outlawed in clubs, the environment just becomes better and the air is fresher! Maybe that is why I enjoyed myself so much, better than previous experiences! Hopefully tonight's gala dinner will be just as fun too!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...