Lilypie

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Drive Of Life

My youngest brother left for Canberra last night. He will be taking a Commerce degree majoring in Accounting and Finance. My mum hopes he can come back with a recognized degree so as to achieve a Certified Public Accountant qualification within two years upon graduation.


He does not seem that enthusiastic going overseas though. If it is me, I would have looked forward so much that I could hardly wait to go! I would have been the one ensuring everything was properly arranged, in terms of course schedule and accommodation. I would have read up on the culture of the country and people and ensured thorough preparation before leaving!


I guess my mum is now pining all her hopes on him because both my first brother and I have turned out to be disappointments. Well, I could have been a Deputy Public Prosecutor but chose to give it all up and now struggling away as a lowly employee.


What can I say? I was foolish and idealistic then. Perhaps I still am now. That is not to say I rather remain stuck where I am, otherwise I will not keep thinking of upgrading and seeing if there are better job opportunities which can give me a better career path.


But knowing that I have wasted all these years getting nowhere, I must strive even harder to achieve. This is the age where most of my peers already have built up a career of their own, so able to be more laid back a bit. I have been laid back most of my life, so I have to catch up on all those lost years!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

From your writings so far, I perceive that your brothers live a very pampered life here. I guess he kinda realized that he'll have to do everything on his own once he's there.

Overseas studies in Canberra? Heck, even 30+ me would still be excited about it.

juphelia said...

Well... I'd be more excited if it's England of America. In any case, my brother was complaining about how busy he is cleaning his dorm and setting things up! Let's hope he comes back a better person!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...