Lilypie

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Budget 2009 Essay Competition

I have gotten myself busy with a new project. I received a mailer from my school about this “Budget 2009” essay competition, and I have just signed up for it. After going through the objectives, I realize I know very little about financing issues, whether personal or the country or the economy.


So if I am to submit an essay, it will be very risky because it will only reflect how inadequate I really am. In that case, why must I sign up for it if it is something that is not in my area of expertise.


Firstly, I have always wanted to be more financially savvy, especially after getting my fingers burnt. In order to do that, I must know how to budget for myself. But personal budget and income is dependent on how the economy functions. And how the country’s economy functions is dependent on how the world’s economy outlook is like.


With the rapid downturn in economy which does not seem likely to recover, our government is breaking all precedence and tapping into the country’s reserves. Not just the government, companies are now also adapting measures to try to cut cost.


I see it in my own workplace, as well as those my friends are working in.So in order to cope with the projected deficit, one has to know how to manage monetary resources and come up with strategies on how to stretch every dollar. If I can achieve that, then I believe it will be greatly beneficial to myself, and things will flow smoother henceforth.


In order to come up with a good essay, I must learn everything that is to learn about whatever that has been going on. Even if I do not win (very unlikely anyway), the research, readings and brainstorming I go through will benefit me greatly. I will sure learn a lot more through this experience.


Which is why I signed up for it. Not because I aim to win, but because of the entire learning process and the intense knowledge gained from there. The submission date is sixteenth February, so I only have a few days to do all my research and come up with a good essay!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...