Lilypie

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In Search Of "The Prince"

I have no idea just how successful the singles events are. The post-dinner event is to watch the show “Love Matters” and the magic show at The Arena tonight. However from feedback given, not many were that keen on the movie. Afterall, with the influx of Oscar-nominated Best Picture movies, who will really want to watch a local heartland show?

It is the brutal truth. No matter how the show can tug at one’s heartstrings, it is at the end just another localized movie, of the same genre, catered to the general audience, to those who may not be that educated and live in normal flats, who struggle to make ends meet, who have to deal with their own family and social problems. I much rather watch “Slumdog Millionaire” which I have heard raving reviews about and “Benjamin Button” starring Brad Pitt anytime!

In any case, my friend and I gave the movie and the magic show a miss. I was rushing my essay and assignment on Sunday, one was due Monday and the other tomorrow. The magic show happens to be a bad time, as Monday night is not a good time for many things. We have to rush from work, then cannot really stay out that late due to work the next day.

One day I really must go get statistics on just how the success rates are at events like these. Personally, I have not found anyone that appealing on both Friday and Saturday. I am not talking about looks, but about the general behaviour of the guys. It seems as if in general, it is hard for guys to make conversation. Either that, or the moment they open their mouths, they tend to piss people off for being too blunt and offensive.

At least on one to one dates, people have no choice but to talk to each other, although you can be surprised too that some guys go on one to one dates yet refusing to open their mouths. In the end, it felt as if I was having a monologue, yet I still got told off for talking too much! I always retorted that if he is not going to talk, I am not going to just sit down and stare at him! That defeats the entire purpose of a meetup if both are going to just keep quiet!

Besides that “kid” on Friday night, I have not really talked to anyone new on Saturday. Ironically, I have been keeping in touch with a couple of ladies from my friend’s table instead. I think the organizers are going to sigh and shake their heads, as I have not kept in touch with any of the guys, since I did not exchange numbers with anyone. But the ladies at my friend’s table are nice and sociable, so we exchanged numbers instead!

Still, these events are just for fun. It is a good way to make new friends, be they guys or girls. Some take it too seriously, as in they need to find someone to be with. To be really honest, I find it hard to find someone in events like these, unless we happen to glance at each other from opposite sides of the room and sparks started flying at first instance, which has never occurred for me.

It is an irony, is it not? When one was younger and not that mature or ready to handle a relationship, one tends to fall in love so easily with just about anyone as their emotions were so strong. They thought they could just live on love alone, without considering the circumstances. So when things did not work out, they got all upset and then went on a rebound and realized the next relationship was worse.

Yet when one has grown older and more mature (hopefully) and less swayed by emotions, when one is finally ready to commit and handle a real relationship, finally knows what it takes for things to work, it is then so hard to find someone.

How many frogs must I kiss before one finally turns into a prince? How many years must I sleep before I finally meet a prince? How many glass slippers must I try on before the prince finally comes knocking? And how many poisoned apples must I eat before the prince rescues me?
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...