Lilypie

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Don't Pick On Weaknesses!

It was a pretty good Novena sermon just now. It came at such a good time, just when I was in sync with what was being said! The priest said the reason couples quarrel is because they keep picking on all the weaknesses. Somehow that reminds me of the commercial "Beautifully Imperfect".

It is true, is it not? If one is to keep picking on one's weaknesses, then the person will forever be an eyesore. But if one cannot tolerate the other party's flaws and shortcomings in the first place, then there is a choice, is it not? So if we choose to take the person as a whole, warts, shortcomings and whatnot, then we should accept the person wholeheartedly.

Afterall, no one is perfect. There must be a reason why we chose to settle down with someone. Instead of focusing on what he / she cannot do and has not done, why not focus on what he / she can do and have done? Which is why "beautifully imperfect" is such a beautifully perfect concept!

Perhaps my mood is uplifted by the wedding I will be attending later, but that sermon is one of the most inspiring and touching I have ever heard! I do not really remember sermons much, but this will definitely strike a chord in my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...