Lilypie

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In Search For A Song

There is this song that is running through my head. I first heard it at a karaoke session with friends, and it had a special meaning to someone. Then I heard it in a car ride. I asked for the song title and singer, and was told by a friend, but after that it totally slipped my mind.

Recently, due to the downtime I had, I start to think of a few issues I have in my life. I was wondering where to proceed on certain things, when suddenly I heard the song again, or rather, part of the song.

I heard it on Monday night when a group of us are sitting down in a cafe having a meeting for the CHOICE Asian Conference next year. My expression froze for a while after hearing the song. Since then, I have been trying to look for the song.

This comes at such a time! I wonder if it is a mere coincidence, or is it a sign that things are not at an end yet? Whatever it is, I must find the song! I have let it slip once, now I must get it back again, no matter what happens!

A pity I cannot remember what the whole song sounds like. Neither can I remember the title and singer. All I can remember is the repetitive chorus, with the same phrase over and over again. The song now means a lot to me, so I really hope I can find it soon!

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

can you type out the chorus then, let me see whether i can help :)

juphelia said...

The chorus goes like this "Can't take my eyes off you... can't take my eyes off you..." and its repeated about five times, and ending off with the same line.

I think its by Queen, but I don't wish to assume in case I'm wrong. Its definitely not the more popular "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", since the song is slower but more repetitive.

Jacqueline said...

hmmm ... this is a tough one ... ask your friend again

Ole' Wolvie said...

I think I might have found your song...

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new

"The Blowers Daughter" by Damien Rice

juphelia said...

YES! YES!! YES!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you ever so much! This is the one I'm looking for! Although I just realise its the same song in "Closer", if I'd known it'd have saved me quite a bit of trouble! Much much appreciated! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...