Lilypie

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spreading The "Holy" Word

A couple of friends just came back from their pilgrimage to Lourdes. I sent in my petition along with a friend's to be placed at Our Lady of Lourdes. Wonder if my petition will be "heeded" and my prayers come true this time round?

Having said that, there are some things which I need to focus on in terms of religion. I was hearing my friend tell me how he became a sponsor and intends to continue with it. I did contemplated that, but being a sponsor means be a living example, answering their queries and helping them through their journey before they get baptised.

I think it will be too hypocritical for me to do that, since I do not exactly lead a "holy" or God-fearing life. Besides, my own knowledge of the Bible is pretty poor. How can I answer queries properly if I myself do not even know where the story or verse is plucked from? Furthermore, being a sponsor means having to go to a fixed mass, which is fine, except I like the flexibility of going to whichever church and attend whichever mass I fancy, instead of going to a fixed one.

Perhaps you may think all these are excuses, but if I do not feel ready, I rather not be a sponsor. Which gives me the next alternative - to be involved in CHOICE, which at least helps me serve God in a wider way instead of just church wide. And come next month, I will be singing in a church choir again, after a hiatus of two years or so.

So besides helping out with the CHOICE Asian Conference next year, I will be involved in the upcoming June weekend as part of the hospitality crew. In other words, I will be one of those doing the cooking of the breakfast, ensuring the participants are comfortable, waking them up, helping out at the workshops, ice-breaking, etc.

I am not doing this for the fun of it, just because it is something new and refreshing. I know I like to try new things, but this is something meaningful, and for once, I find some purpose in my life rather than being bounced around for so long. I have seen enough testimonies in recent months to know that prayers do come true, so since I have made a choice to be a believer, I should be committed to what I can do in this respect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...