Lilypie

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Food - One Of The Basic Guilts

I need to stop eating! My best friend just complained to me that she had been putting on weight, since she had to sample products for her company. But at least she is keeping fit by doing housework! Whereas for me, I have been eating non-stop and not being physically active at all. Once past a certain age, it is hard to go down, but very easy to keep going up!

It was quite horrifying yesterday with regards to my food intake. I have a bad habit, and that is to eat whenever I have a craving (and that is very often!). Thus, I do not eat to live, but I live to eat. That is a very big difference! In other words, I do not eat just when I am hungry, but I eat when there is food in front of me, so even if I am not hungry, I still eat for the sake of it!

Yesterday I could have just gone to my office, but I had to pass by a shop selling kaya toast, and ended up buying two pieces of kaya buttered toast and two pieces of buttered toast sprinkled with sugar for breakfast. Then for lunch when my supervisor brought me out, I could have told him I was not that hungry, but he brought me to a cosy coffeeship and the minced pork noodles were too much to resist.

Then I met a friend for dinner as we were supposed to go for a Prayer Meet. She brought me to a coffeeshop with very nice fried prawn noodles, and again, I could not resist it, so I ordered one dish with extra pork lard (now that is the best part!). When we went for the Prayer Meet, the host prepared some rice cakes and cooked Aglio Olio. Again, I could not resist it and took two helpings, complete with red wine!

I do not even want to count my intake of calories for yesterday! Yet I have not learnt my lesson, I am still munching on Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolates! Gosh, I will turn into a blimp in no time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...