Lilypie

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Of Heels And Straps

The best shoes for special occasions - ankle straps with four-inch heels! No matter what you wear, be it a long gown or a short gown, be it spaghetti straps or tube dresses, be it sleeveless or with sleeves, once you strap on a pair of heels, it is the epitome of class and elegance! I cannot profess I am that classy or elegant, because I am short, walk like a duck and have more traces of cellulite than before, but once I slipped on my four-inch heels with ankle straps, I feel on top of the world!

The right dress makes the occasion. But the right shoes make the complete ensemble. A look is not complete without the dress, hair, makeup, accessories and shoes. However, after all my life of wearing two-inch heels (flat heels at that), anything higher is a bit of a challenge, especially three-inch stilettos and above.

When I put on my new shoes, I thought I would fumble. I was worried I would trip over my dress when going down a staircase, go crashing down and land flat on my face at the bottom, in an uncompromising position. Besides, it is rather hard to walk long distance with something that high. Yes, troublesome as it is, but still, I am not about to trade my normal shoes for my ankle straps in my long gown!

Luckily nothing "interesting" or embarrassing happened. Even though when the dinner ended and the lift was full, a colleague and I had to go to the car park to find her car as she gave me a ride back, we had to walk down the stairs to the car park trying to find her car, I was finding it hard to walk properly with my heels, but still, we managed to make it to the car with nary an incident.

Definitely the shoes are for special occasions! They are too formal for office wear! When I was young and I started wearing three-inch heels for the first time, I was actually not used to them and started limping in the shoes. My ex told me off for being "impractical". But the shoes make me feel good! Thus even though they are impractical, they are tight and one can hardly walk in them, I still want to wear them! Women do extreme things for the sake of vanity!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I know the feeling of having to walk in high heels and stilettos!

But I must say that these type of shoes really makes my legs look slimmer and sexier, hehehe.

juphelia said...

Perhaps its all in the mind? :-p I too feel my legs slimmer and sexier whenever I strap on stilettos!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...