Lilypie

Friday, June 12, 2009

PC Fair 2009

Yesterday was the opening of the PC Show. My supervisor wanted to go get a gaming laptop, so he asked me along. Since my laptop has been cranky for the past months and I do need to check up a better digicam, I went along with him.

First impression was that it is a stampede! I cannot imagine the crowd, on a Thursday night! Needless to say there were more guys than girls, most of the guys came in groups with their own buddies. Afterall, you do not really hear of girls buying all kinds of gadgets, if we are to buy we will go to the shops to buy and not squeeze with the crowd!

I checked out a few impressive laptops. I was so tempted to get one, since the deals are pretty worth it in terms of pricing for the quality. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a laptop that is just as small (ten inches or less), with everything inside - inbuilt microphone and webcam, wireless and bluetooth, and a CD / DVD player. All the small laptops I came across need an external CD player.

If I want a small laptop, it means I want it to be portable and easy to carry around, especially when I am overseas. My laptop is small enough to fit into a backpack. So if I am to carry an extra portable CD player, that defeats the entire purpose, is it not?

In any case, we did not stay there for long. The crowd was just too overwhelming, so we left when the place was about to close, and again it was a big crowd! Anyway, we only reached there around 7:30pm or thereabouts, so we could not really explore much too.

At least he got the laptop he wanted! A big bulky one, but good for gaming and heavy going software! Meanwhile, I am still sourcing for a better digicam and laptop, but that is in no hurry!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

When I bought my laptop at the PC Fair in KL 2 years back it was so congested that I almost lost my temper numerous times.

But I guess it was worth the hassle since I got my laptop for a good bargain :-)

juphelia said...

It's good that you found a bargain! I couldn't find anything I fancy, and the prices are not that low as well. May as well go to computer stores to get if I want any, can see more variety with freebies thrown in too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...