Lilypie

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mascara!

I can never get used to fake eyelashes! But then again, I am never a fake person, so I can never get used to anything fake. Which is why I am still resisting Botox, no matter how tempted I am to go for it! Thus, I prefer mascara on my eyelashes instead of affixing false lashes.

Recently, maybe it is due to the kind of mascara I am using, I find that there does not seem to be a difference after applying mascara and before applying it. When I was younger, my lashes were longer and more luscious, thus just a couple of coats of mascara made a difference. Or maybe it is the new curler I am using. I used to use the electric curler before it died on me, so I switched to the traditional metal curler.

Despite curling my lashes and applying mascara, they still look the same! It is as if I did not apply any mascara at all! How can I go with "bare" eyes to a formal dinner? I have eyeshadow and liner, but without lashes, the eyes simply do not look the same! Even when I am totally dressed down, whenever I go out, there must still be at least mascara and lip gloss!

In the end, I have to use fake lashes. I am not used to fake lashes. Initially I was worried about putting them on, but it is actually not that hard to put them on. But when I put them on, they stuck to my lashes / lid, and made me uncomfortable. No doubt I got my long luscious lashes in the end, and people actually said I look stunning, but I was pretty self-conscious. I kept wondering would the lashes drop out halfway, would I be able to remove them later, would I pull out my own lashes instead?

Still, vanity takes precedence. Unused to them as I am, I realise they really make a big difference to how I look, and the effect they have on my eyes. Thus, unless I can somehow make my natural lashes longer and more luscious, fake lashes will now be part and parcel of my beauty regime, especially for special occasions. Ah.. the price of vanity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...