Lilypie

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wedding Of A Superior

It was a good wedding last night. It was the first time I attended the wedding reception of my superior. I have attended colleagues' (ex-colleague's) weddings, but so far in all the companies I have worked in, most of my superiors were already married. Thus this was the first time I was attending an immediate superior's wedding reception.

The reception was not held at any hotels or restaurants, but at the top of a club. It is a nice ballroom, and since the bride is a dancer, the march-in was accompanied by four ballerinas dancing in. Nice and really cool!

The food was good too. It is a normal eight to nine-course dinner, as typical of a wedding banquet. Every wedding I attended, it is always a beautiful ceremony. It is the start of the journey of the rest of their lives. A marriage is not the end of freedom, it is the beginning of a beautiful journey. It is not the dinner, or a mere party, or "showing off" of the dress or gowns, or ragging, but the promise of a commitment of everlasting love and a bright future.

I have not felt like this for quite some time, but at the wedding last night, I suddenly yearn for my turn. I suddenly wonder when will it be my turn - to be joined in matrimony to someone who will venture with me in this beautiful and wonderful journey of life and make each other's lives very special. I really wish it can come soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...