Lilypie

Monday, June 22, 2009

Of Sangria And Sheridan

I discovered a new drink last night - Sheridan! I know of this from books, about a drink called Sheridan, but last night I saw the cute bottle and tasted it for the first time. It is better than Bailey's! For the uninitiated, Sheridan is a type of Irish coffee liquor, by the same manufacturer of the Bailey's Irish Cream.

Sheridan has 15.5% alcohol content. The coffee is dark with rum. The bottle has two parts - half of it is coffee rum, the other half is cream. The spout has two openings, so when you pour it into a glass, the coffee rum and cream comes out together. All you need to do is to mix it. One whiff of it and you feel like gulping down the whole glass!

I had my fill of Sheridan last night. Chilled one makes the drink so much better! After a few glasses of sangria with lemon, coffee is very welcome. But I am not for drinking coffee at night, so when a friend asked for Bailey's, the host let us tried Sheridan instead. The next time I go overseas, I am sure to buy a bottle of Sheridan duty free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...