Lilypie

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Full Utilisation Of Spare Time

I am in need of something more to do! When I was working in my previous workplace, I tried taking up some courses, but in the end they were not feasible, because the office location is out of the way from everywhere. Even if I go off on the dot, it would take an hour to get into town, traffic jam notwithstanding, so by the time I rushed down and whatnot, I would be too tired and flustered to really do anything.

So I just went home after work most of the time. Even then, by the time I reached home, it was dark. People were under the impression I worked long hours since by the time I reached home it was already dark, but actually, I knocked off around the same time, it was just the transport time and distance that was long.

Ever since I started working back in the business district, it seemed as if I suddenly have lots of time to spare. But I did not nececssary work shorter hours. In fact, I am working longer hours since I am in the office before 8:30am and do not go off until after six, whereas in the previous work place, I normally reached around nine and go off by six! But now the transport time and distance is much shorter, since a train ride back home takes only twenty minutes! So by the time I reach home, it was not yet dark!

Which gives me the impression I have more time to spare. I welcome the extra time, but I do need to adjust somewhat, since now that I have more time, it is better utilised to do other things. Hence, I am thinking of taking up those courses which I have done and wanted to do. Like retaking dance classes. I stopped at Beginners Salsa, Tap and Tango, and thinking of carrying on further.

Not to mention the knitting class I wanted to take up last year, but time was a major constraint. Plus a jewellery making class, as I like to try my hand dabbling with accessories I make by myself. The major advantage of working here is that it is central to everywhere else, so going places need not take such a long time! Hence it will be more convenient to take up lessons since the distance is so much nearer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...