Lilypie

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Black Coffee ....

The dear loves coffee. But I am not that much a coffee person. So whenever we go to a cafe, he will always drink coffee and I will always drink hot chocolate or tea. In any case, it is hard to find good coffee here. The coffee overseas is another story altogether. The aroma is so strong that I can never resist it. Hence I always drink coffee whenever I am overseas, but not here.

Whenever my Aussie relatives come, they will look for nice coffee. But I have no place to recommend them. I do not mean the coffee from coffee shops, I mean gourmet coffee. So when I came across the Black Coffee Dessert Bar near my office, I was intrigued. With reviews that the coffee there is up to standard, I decided to bring the dear along.


The interior decoration is pretty cosy. When we were there last evening, the staff was in the midst of decorating for Halloween. It is just a small space that can cater to fifteen people, no more than that. What I like is the menu - the menu is written on a black board with different coloured chalk. Somehow I have always liked this concept!

The menu

The interior decoration - does it not reek of nostalgia?

I wanted to order coffee, but the variety is about the same as any other cafe - normal coffee, espresso, mocha, cappuccino, au lait. Where is Blue Mountain? Hence I decided to get molten chocolate, which is stated as their specialty.

And molten chocolate it is. It is thick chocolate that is melted down, put into a small cup with a marshmallow on top. One taste and it is heavenly! Kudos to the molten chocolate!

My molten chocolate with marshmallow

His mocha espresso (I like the leaf shape on top!)

We also shared a Shepherd's Pie between us. But frankly speaking, the pie is not that fantastic. I have tasted the best Shepherd's Pie in England, that somehow the local ones here do not cut it. So for food, I will give it two stars the most. Drinks wise (I am biased since I have onl y taken the hot chocolate), four and half stars! Ambience three stars and pricing four stars.

Our Shepherd's Pie

I do not mind going back there again though. I saw a variety of cakes on display which look really yummy. Perhaps next time I shall order the oreo chocolate cheesecake, and a cup of coffee!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I'm not a hue fan of coffee either. Whenever I drink strong coffee I tend to get hyperactive and start swearing non-stop, hahaha.

Give me chocolate anytime!

juphelia said...

YES!!! Chocolate is still the best! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...