Lilypie

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Morton's Of Chicago

I was at this restaurant for a birthday dinner last night. My dear is so thoughtful, he made a reservation, telling the staff it was my birthday. When we stepped in, the lady at the counter greeted me happy birthday and we were ushered to a table decorated with stars and little hearts.

The table setting was really good! What I really like is the personalised menu, with the words "Happy Birthday" on it. It made me feel really special!


The table setting

The menu

My personalised menu

Everything there are in big portions. The roll with butter was served first, but frankly speaking, the roll could feed at least ten people!

The big roll with butter

My friend recommended us the Prime Cut, but that is only available on Fridays and Saturdays. In the end, we settled for a Ribeye Prime. My friend has already cautioned on the big servings, so she told us to order one steak and split it into two for us to share. Then order two sides. So we did just that, with macaroni and cheese and spinach and mushrooms as the sides.

For appetisers, I ordered French Onion Soup and he Lobster Bisque. Dessert was on the house, compliments of the restaurant. It was chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, with a candle too! When dessert was served, the staff crowded around our table and sang happy birthday to me! The lady at the counter even took a photo, put it in a special album with all the staff signatures on it for me! Now this is really special!

My French Onion Soup

His lobster bisque

The main course - USDA Prime Ribeye, medium rare,
with macaroni and cheese and spinach and mushrooms

His portion of the steak

Me enjoying the food!

Dessert on the house

Candlelight effect

The special birthday album

With the staff signatures

It was a really enjoyable dinner! If I must rate this, I will give it four and a half stars for food, four and a half stars for ambience and service, and three stars for price (it is a bit steep, but every cent is worth it!). This is definitely a place I am coming back again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...