Lilypie

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Out In The Open Field

Last night was a night of crazy antics. Starting with the satay dinner, to the walk along the river, to a drinking (of sorts) session at an olde Irish pub, I walked down the entire stretch of river after that and landed on the Padang. The open field in front of the Supreme Court.

What possessed me to enter that stretch I have no idea. But suddenly, I just went to sit down right in the middle of the field. I have always fantasised about being with a special someone in the middle of a meadow of flowers, lying on it, side by side, having a picnic.

This was at night, and I was lying down in the middle of a field, gazing at the night sky. The moon was covered by clouds and there was hardly any stars in the sky. So there I was, lying down on grass, staring at the night clouds, enjoying the breeze (what breeze anyway?). Crazy right?

But it is things like this that make me feel it is a life worth living for. Something so simple, yet people are too busy to even take some time to smell the roses, or lie down on a grassy patch. Everyone needs some time to themselves, or with a special someone, just lying down and not doing anything.

It makes you more appreciative of how beautiful the world really is!

2 comments:

Richard said...

I am glad you went and did it. MAny people (especially women, I find) prefer not to do things alone.

juphelia said...

Actually I wasn't really alone. :-p But I don't mind doing that alone too, if I'm in another "crazy" mood!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...